A List of Exercises and Examples of What They Will Burn
Today’s weight loss advice is really powerful. I recently read an article in Men’s Health and it showed some typical calorie burns for various workouts and gave a couple of examples of the foods that contain those calories that you are working off. I found it really cool to connect the two together, so I thought I’d share. I thought it was also a great way to show how exercise is not the whole answer if we are trying to lose or even maintain weight. That is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to weight loss. Your nutritional choices are the foundation.
(Note that the calories burnt are based on the activity being done for a half hour)
- Vinyasa Yoga – 135 calories burnt = a baked potato, and English muffin, 27 Cheez-Its, 3 Dove milk chocolate Promises
- Brisk Walking – 143 calories burnt = 1 oz BBQ potato chips, 1/2 cup sour cream, a Starbucks 16oz cappuccino, a Budweiser 12oz bottle of beer
- Shooting Hoops – 184 calories burnt = 3 oz of ham, 1 Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit, 2 Keebler Sandies Pecan Shortbread cookies
- Downhill Skiing – 245 calories = 10 baked onion rings, 1 cup chow mein noodles, 1 fried chicken thigh, 1 slice yellow cake
- Swimming – 286 calories = 1 plain hot dog, 1 small egg bagel, 1 McDonald’s grilled Ranch Snack Wrap, 1 small Wendy’s vanilla Frosty
- Cycling – 327 calories = 1 slice homemade pumpkin pie, 1 cup of baked beans with beef, 1 Pizza Hut slice from a large, hand-tossed cheese pizza
- Jogging – 387 calories = a 10.6oz chocolate milkshake, 6 to 8 cheese nachos, 1 small Burger King fries, 1 small Quiznos Chicken Caesar salad
- Circuit Weight Training = 477 calories = 2 pancakes with butter and syrup, 1 Jamba Juice Blackberry Bliss Power Smoothie, 1 Ruby Tuesday Petit Sirloin
These are just a few examples of exercises and the average calories burnt. There are plenty of options available. Programs such as P90X, Insanity, and TurboFire have been known to burn 1000 calories per hour. And by replacing just one meal a day with the 140 calorie Shakeology, you are setting yourself up for success!
For info or to order the programs mentioned above, go to http://craigtuttlefitness.com/beachbody-fitness-programs/
For info or to order Shakeology, go to http://craigtuttlefitness.com/shakeology/
As always…feel free to share this post by liking, tweeting, +1’ing or commenting below!
Thanks for sharing this information. It’s amazing how much effort it takes to burn off an unhealthy food that looks so small and insignificant. Great site!
This just proves how important a role whole, clean and natural nutrition plays in the fitness equation. Like Tony Horton always says… You can workout really hard and become incredibly strong and fit. But if you don’t watch what you are putting into your mouth, you will never look strong and fit. Great info!